Definitely worthy of celebration

Not to say that I don't appreciate my dad's efforts to fulfill my wishes. I mean, he did. I asked for an internship to fill up my free time.
Of course, no one wanted it to turn out to be data entry and doing odd jobs right?
Anyways, a month and a half ago I was hired as an intern to work in a health and medical research company.
Wow, just the thought of the name really excited me, and I was really expecting something spectacular to be given to me to do. Of course, I was naive.

The first week, I was asked to read 9 research papers and write a summary overnight. It was challenging definitely, something I never did before. Honestly thinking I would be learning and getting tips for med school, I looked forward to working there.
After that, I was asked to prepare a presentation, with vague description of the topic of it. So I prepared and waited for a week, in constant nervousness that it was almost a torment.

After that, I had nothing at all. And I still had 5 weeks before I resign. I was given extremely boring tasks to do. Data entry, counting numbers of documents, then data entry again, then I had to do documentations of doctor's prescriptions, which required a lot of stapling and taping(my fingers never felt right ever since).

You may think I sound like a brat, I probably do sound like one, but I forgot to add an important point. I AM NOT PAID. So basically, I volunteered to do data entry and stapling my fingers off. Jen-Li constantly asked me to "OMG JUST QUIT ALREADY". But obviously I can't. It would seem unprofessional. On my 3rd week of working, I skipped work on the last minute and my boss called me unprofessional. I can't imagine what he would say if I wanted to quit before the agreed date.
So, I was a "lowly unpaid intern" for 11 weeks.

Finally, I'm free from this dull working life. YAY. WOOHOO. You cannot imagine my joy. I'm so relieved!


Okay, to give this internship some credits, I did learn and gained a few things, though indirectly:
1. I hate working office life. It's too dull and I just can't bear facing the computer the whole day.
2. Data entry may be easy work, but it takes a lot of dedication. Now I know why people take forever to finish it. It's not lazy, sometimes one's mind just can't take in that much boredom.
3. I made a new friend. And I really like her. She's the same age as my brother, but I get along with her a million times better than him. Although she's 3 years older, sometimes I would say she's more immature than me. She's got a weird interest in my parents, and has this habit of imitating my parents' reaction to various types of occasion.
Sometimes she's the only thing to look forward to at work, so I'm glad to have her as my companion.

Me and Brenna

Nevertheless, I'm happy to announce that i'm JOBLESS, definitely in a good way, and it's definitely worthy of celebrating!

You Might Also Like

0 comments