Banjaran Drama
The plan to go to Banjaran was decided way back, and this trip came with a lot of drama.
I don't know if it's an Au Yong thing, but fights were so frequent that I just sigh and go "there they go again." whenever someone starts picking a fight. Family drama, top event in the house.
Banjaran was a beautiful place. At least a thousand ringgit per night, comes with hot springs and steam room, temperature adjusted pool, fish ponds, and jungle walks. It gives off a very peaceful and calming vibe, like it's completely isolated from the sounds of engines and buzzings of machines from the city.
The first day went very well, Rach and I went around the place, I personally love the pool. It's warm. The next day was a total disaster. We fought the first thing in the morning over me driving Sandy's car and her tone was very unpleasant when we messed up the timing to pick them up from the hotel.
It' was none of our faults about the misunderstanding(except popo, but she's elderly and she deserved to be forgiven because we all love her), but my mom made a big deal out of it. I couldn't blame her too, because popo sides my aunt all the time. It's a very natural thing to do, being the youngest, and unmarried, you tend to get the most attention from your mother compared to your oldest sister who's happily married with her own family.
This is actually my firs big fight with my aunt. I'd always respect the elders, and I've so many times held myself back from arguing with her. This time I snapped. Maybe it's because I was so tired of people underestimating my driving skills.
Even though it costed us a whole bright, sunny morning, my aunt and I eventually made up. I got to see her true, emotional side. I totally understand how it feels when people are always bombarding you with unpleasant comments about yourself(even though they are true), and I'm just so glad when she broke down and apologized. And all those built up grudges against her just vanished.
I learned a lot from Rach too. She may seem very childish sometimes, but I see a very mature(probably even more mature than me) person from this trip. She completely understands her position in this family after her parents' split and she knows exactly how important family is.
Actually I should have known she was a smart girl, seeing that she's joining competitions and winning prizes all the time.
I can't believe how much she's changed since the last few years. And I used to think I'll never be in good terms with her when she used to blame me when she spoiled her toys herself.
![]() |
| Our 3rd attempt to take a non blur photo in the shaky car |
![]() |
| our resort |
![]() |
| my self-obsessed aunt, Sandy |




0 comments