Working.

There's a first time for everything, and this is my first time working officially for outsiders.

quite late, because many people start working when they're 16 and i'm 19 already.

Jen and I went job hunting in KLCC last week, and there were so many choices, we had such a hard time deciding which offer to accept. But we finally settled for Stadium. 

It was better than I expected. I always thought that it was going to be boring and the tasks are going to be a piece of cake. 
It's not very boring, in fact, time pass really fast, especially if there are customers(there're always customers). And it's not very easy, because the shop is so huge, with so many brands, it's hard to find the right pair of shoes. 
Sometimes it takes me 10 minutes to find one pair of shoes, and I had to crawl on the floor and scan through the item code on each and every shoe box. I get this nagging feeling that the customer's being impatient after waiting for so long.

Sometimes I was so occupied looking for the shoes, I forgot what size I was supposed to get.
I'm also worried about how to respond when people ask me about the shoes. All sorts of people come and ask weird questions, like "Where are the tennis shoes?" "Is this waterproof?" 

There was this customer who came in and asked for a size 36 for a pair of men's shoes. The smallest size was 40.
I'm wearing size 36 and even that is considered small for women feet size.
I asked if he was referring to European measurement, and he wasn't sure. And I explained there is no size 36 for men shoes. 
He thought I was stupid and gave me that you're-useless face.
He's Iranian. I'm not being racist but look, here's a living proof. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments