Hello China!

This post should be written a month ago, but I didn't have access to blogspot in China.

Soooo, yeah. It's been a month since I left for Sichuan, China. What can I say... It's definitely much cooler and dryer than Malaysia. It's not as bad as people described China to be really, in fact, it was better than I expected.
I have a beautiful university, very oriental.
There's 3 campus in total, although it's the ugliest campus, I like my own campus the best.
library


walkway to class
 Outsiders are allowed in and out of the school, so every morning you'd see children and old people taking a morning walk. I have to say it's a nice walk to walk, because there are benches and trees and stuff.. there's even a lotus pond, but it's all wilted due to the weather.
main road into the campus

creepy, isolated building


main road right out of school 人民南路

Front gate

School plate


To the metro!

the other side of the campus - all hospitals

Not bad eh? But it's just the nice side of China. The culture there is still very unrefined. You still see people spitting everywhere, even on the beautiful pavement.
Restaurants here are small, so the kitchen are usually upstairs. The people had to shout the orders, and their shouts are.. really, really loud. 

People here love dogs, but I heard dogs are very short lived here. Their maximum age are usually just 8 years old, while dogs in Malaysia usually dies a natural death at 15 years old.
Most pet dogs in China are toy poodles, but I came across this really beautiful Spitz when I was shopping for hangers.

Most of the dogs there have dark fur, because the air there is very dusty. It would be obvious to see the dust if the fur was white. This Spitz must be a very spoiled doggy!

 Shopping is super cheap here. And apart from that, I've discovered the delights of online shopping!
I love you Amazon.cn and taobao.com <3
puppy for sale
Dogs there are cheap too. I have no idea what breed this is, but it's just 400 yuan I think.


 Chao Tao Fu here smells very different from the ones I saw in Guilin. But it still stinks.

A new found favorite dessert - 双皮奶!
It has a very watery jelly like texture, and it's milk flavoured topped with red beans. (yes it's cold)
Yummy! 

Speaking of cold food, ice cream in Chengdu is dirt cheap. I got a milk flavoured popsicle for RM0.75. Not even the small sized kind.

Next.. My other campuses. Also Sichuan University, but this campus is not for medical students. I forgot what courses are given there.








It's at least three time the size of my own campus.

My China gang
I'M THE YOUNGEST AMONG THEM MUAHAHAHAH

Some of them are Thai and an Indonesian at the back. Others are Malaysians.
They're all nice. In fact, things are going better than I expected.

Regrets? None!


You Might Also Like

0 comments