Kakak Yun
It was Kakak Yun's last day in Malaysia. It was Sunday.
5 years came and go in a blink of an eye.
I still remember the first time I met her. It was in Kim Gary, 5 years ago.
She was so small and so timid. She just got off the airport that night and Aunty Karen already brought her out.
And who knew, we would be friends and get along so well?
Sunday, we met in Kim Gary again for her farewell "celebration".
Coincidence no?
I regret not spending more time with her the past year. It can't be helped though. If I wasn't tied down by my studies I would have more time to understand her better. In fact, if I had time I would do a lot of things. But then, I don't have time.
She didn't want to go home. Of course, she missed her sisters. But her father forced her to go home to marry.
And that's not even the worst part.
Wait for it...
She hasn't even met him before.
And her dad already pocketed the money.. sort of a dowry but it's the male who was the one giving the money.
Come on, what era are we in right now? There's no such thing as arranged marriage anymore.
How does her father can guarantee her happiness? Can he promise her that the man will not cheat on her and her money?
I really wish she'll go home and talk it out with her father. She has a better future here. Kakak Yun is so smart, she learned how to speak Mandarin and Cantonese, learned how to use the computer in a snap of her fingers, cook all sorts of Chinese food in just 5 years.

0 comments