Stay strong
My perpetually healthy grandmother had finally fell from her pink of everlasting good health.
Last week, when she came by to my house to collect some stuff she was already sick.
Her coughs came from the deep of her lungs and she could barely speak. I asked her to rest well and I had no idea she already paid for a week's trip to Setiawan for holidays the next day.
The night before last, my mom had a phone call. My aunt told her that my grandma had to go to the hospital from high fever.
I panicked. My grandmother falls sick lesser than I do, she's healthier than anyone in the family. It had to be something serious.
We rushed to the hospital, and I saw my weakened grandma sitting on the chair waiting for her name to be called. She wore 4 layers of clothing, including 2 extra scarfs. Seriously, I wonder how she survived in her one week trip.
She told me she kept puking and she couldn't eat or drink at all. Even that, she still felt like puking.
I know how she felt.
I was hospitalized once due to a bicycle vs. car accident. When I woke up from my mini surgery, I don't know why but I felt like puking so badly, but had nothing to throw up.
After a blood scan and diagnosis, at first we thought it was viral infection, and there were no results for dengue. But the next day, the doctors said it's not viral infection but she showed all the symptoms for dengue. Sometimes I just hate how uncertain diagnosis can be. It's all guessing and assuming.
I really hope she'll be fine as soon as possible. She's the best grandmother I can have. She done nothing but being a good person, I'm sure she'll be fine.

0 comments