Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening.
I'm not trying to be poetic, but this is the one poem that Mr Rama gave me - Stopping by woods on a Snowy Evening.
I thought it was a very simple, short yet very relatable poem.
It's about a man, the narrator who was compelled to follow the deep dark woods and sleep, metaphorically means he wanted to commit suicide. The reason was actually the pressure of society and responsibilities in his family, though it was the same thing that was holding him back.
Right now, I feel quite relatable to him.
Not that I feel like sleeping in the woods or anything, it's just a metaphor.
I just want to rest.
But just like the narrator:
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles before I go to sleep,
And miles before I go to sleep.
Rest is inviting, tempting, but I can't stop until I reach my goal, which is a long journey. Let me emphasize, a long journey.
Although SAT was just over, I have my SAT subject tests in a month.
I really wonder what kind of miracle I can pull off to study 3 SAT subjects, hand in my EE draft, resit math, prepare IOC and chinese oral within one month.
I know my friends are going through the same thing, in IB or not. So let's not allow these "lovely dark woods" trick us into procrastination or slacking.
For my classmates, there's only a few more months to go, and don't forget that we're brilliant students, nothing will bring us down, including the Chians.

0 comments